And you shall know me by my trails of gravel.
I like people, places, and things. Almost all people. Lots of places. A few things.
There is still an awful lot of centripetal force on our planet, Alyosha. I want to live, and I do live, even if it be against logic. Though I do not believe in the order of things, still the sticky little leaves that come out in the spring are dear to me, the blue sky is dear to me, some people are dear to me, whom one loves sometimes, would you believe it, without even knowing why; some human deeds are dear to me, which one has perhaps long ceased believing in, but still honors with one’s heart, out of old habit.
— Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov (via lesangfroid)
1. A Philosophical Murder
2. A Washerwoman Is Insulted
3. The Student’s Emotional Isolation Is Complete
4. The Estate Is Sold Off
6. An Argument That Is Mostly In French
7. It’s Very Cold Out And Love Does Not Exist Also
8. The Nihilist Buffs His Fingernails While Society Crumbles
9. There Is No God
10. 400 Pages Of A Single Aristocratic Family’s Slow, Alcoholic Decline
11. Is This A Dinner Party Or Is This Hell?
12. The Wedding Is Interrupted
13. Friendship Among The Political Prisoners
14. A Lackluster Duel
15. The Countess Attempts Suicide
16. Back From Siberia, Unexpectedly
17. A Fit of Impetuousness
18. Someone Middle-Class Does Something Awful
19. A Prostitute Listens To A Ninety-Page Philosophical Manifesto
20. I Advise You To Display More Emotional Control In The Future
21. The Manservant Dies Alone
22. Is This A Murder Mystery Or An Exploration Of The Nature Of Religious Faith? Turns Out, A Little Bit Of Both
23. The Mayor Tells A Self-Serving Lie
24. The Countess Finds Religion
25. New Political Waves of Liberalism, Radicalism, and Nihilism Wash Over Russia
26. The Time When We Might Have Found Happiness Together Has Passed
Either one does not dream, or one does so interestingly. One should learn to spend waking life in the same way: not at all, or interestingly.
— Friedrich Nietzsche (via fuckyeahfriedrichnietzsche)
"I’m pretty sarcastic, so people that don’t know me may think I’m a bitch" - Aubrey Plaza
"Not enough for me? You are everything."
Of course I’ll hurt you. Of course you’ll hurt me. Of course we will hurt each other. But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring, means accepting the risk of winter. To become presence, means accepting the risk of absence.
— The Little Prince (via theoldludwigvan)